How To Make: Toasted Sesame & Garlic Edamame
- 1 package frozen edamame (about 16 ounces), shelled or not, your preference
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and grated or pressed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil*
- 1 tablespoon of another healthy oil of your choice – flax, macadamia nut and avocado oil are all great (or, you can use 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil)
- Red chili flakes (1/4 to ½ teaspoon, depending on how spicy you like it)
- Sea salt (about 1-2 teaspoons), large flakes are especially nice here
- Bring a large pot of purified water to a boil. While you’re waiting for the water to boil, press the garlic into the bottom of a large mixing bowl then add the toasted sesame oil, red pepper flakes and sea salt. Mix well.
- Cook the edamame in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Frozen edamame is already cooked, you just need to heat it up.
- Drain and add the hot edamame to the mixing bowl and toss well with the other ingredients.
- Serve warm, room temperature or even cold.
- Can be kept in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator up to three days.
Also Try: Simple Style Edamame