White Pomfret – Best Recipe of All Time (TEOCHEW STEAMED)
Hey everyone, we have ourselves a classic dish to start the Lunar New Year!
Steaming White Pomfret is a popular Teochew cooking method as there is a lot of importance placed on the freshness of the ingredients. This method allows you to taste the naturally fresh sweetness of the pomfret when it’s cooked, which is something fish lovers will enjoy!
We choose to stuff the pomfret with ginger slices, while adding salted plums & vegetables together with mushroom strips to pair with the fish. It’s critically important to NOT steam the fish any more than 10 minutes – Overcooking it will end up with your dish losing it’s sweetness, so pay attention to the timing.
Otherwise, this is a fantastic and simple recipe to cook for dinners with the family. Give this recipe a go and enjoy the succulent sweetness of white pomfret!
Get you white pomfret from our friends at dishthefish.com.sg for this CNY!
#themeatmensg #zichar #steamed #pomfret #healthy #teochew #freshfood #naturalsweetness
P.S. Say, if you like our recipe videos, don’t forget to follow our page and share them with your friends. We have many new videos coming up, so stay tuned!
- 1 white pomfret fish
- 20g sliced ginger
- 10g ginger strands
- 3 chinese mushrooms (cut into strips)
- 50g sour/salted vegetables (cut into strips)
- 4 salted plums
- 2 tomatoes (quartered)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chinese rice wine
- 50 ml water (optional)
- 5g spring onions strands
- 5g fresh coriander
- Cut 20g of ginger into slices
- and 10g of ginger into strands
- Cut 3 soaked chinese mushrooms
- and 50g sour vegetables into strips
- Quarter 2 tomatoes
- Cut two slits in the white pomfret right till the bone at an angle on both sides
- Season with salt to taste
- Add half of the ginger slices into the cavity
- On a steaming tray add half the sour vegetables,
- half the mushroom strips
- and the remaining ginger slices
- Add the white pomfret on top
- Add 4 salted pl